-
June 16th, 2005, 07:47 PM
#81
Inactive Member
I have been following this topic over the days and have managed to stay out of it. When discussions get so lengthy there comes a time when one forgets about what's really important and what is being said. The comments about "drummer x" couldn't do this or that are plain laughable. It becomes very clear who is both an experienced drummer and experienced member here at HOD.
-
June 16th, 2005, 07:48 PM
#82
Inactive Member
Oh NO she's NOT, JB...you "don't know what you're talking about," you bastid you... [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] j/k
Shania, anyone? [overlooking the poppy-CnW genre, of course - unless it's chaps, a belt buckle, scarf around the neck, a 10 gal hat, & on horseback...but forget the boots!]
OK! 6-shooters OUT, boys n gals!
How does Anthony Quinn or Henry Fonda stack against Mel Gibson or Tom Hanks?...Ginger, or MaryAnn?...Ginger, or Amber Lynn? [I'll stop there, b4 it gets ugly...if u dont know who they are, perhaps it's best...& u r a better person than i?! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...saw her in a Metallica vid once...then read up on her...] but 1 more thing...Lars can't swing Metallica like Papa Phil E. Joe Enz could either... /;-p
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 16, 2005 11:07 PM: Message edited by: got_a_match_grip? ]</font>
-
June 16th, 2005, 08:23 PM
#83
Inactive Member
I was always a Ginger guy, until I saw that pie video with the new Ginger and Mary Ann, and now I can't make up my mind.
Anybody got the new Foo Fighters? Rock drumming at its finest. I'm not saying its better than anything else, mind you... I just think its really good.
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ June 16, 2005 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Greaseleg ]</font></font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 16, 2005 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Greaseleg ]</font>
-
June 16th, 2005, 08:37 PM
#84
Inactive Member
How does Dave Grohl's drummer stack up to Dave Grohl? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
He may even know Ginger [no, not Baker]...he could give us the scoop [img]wink.gif[/img] ...
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 16, 2005 10:47 PM: Message edited by: got_a_match_grip? ]</font>
-
June 16th, 2005, 08:38 PM
#85
Inactive Member
Taylor Hawkins and Dave Grohl are WAAAAYYY better than Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins.
-
June 16th, 2005, 09:00 PM
#86
Inactive Member
But I bet he can't swing like George of the Jungle in a loincloth on a vine rope. Eh; then again...
Think what you want; Starship, like 'em or hate 'em: Mickey over Slick ANYday...except in a tu-tu or moo-moo [I must confess [img]redface.gif[/img] ...in her DAY, mind you... ]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 16, 2005 06:03 PM: Message edited by: got_a_match_grip? ]</font>
-
June 16th, 2005, 09:09 PM
#87
Inactive Member
I'm glad I entered this one late. Here's my 2c:
To this day Buddy would still rank as one of the best around... his hands are still among the VERY best EVER... not sure about his feet compared to guys now like Lang/Donati etc, but c'mon, everyone knows Buddy would still tear the roof off of places. No doubt about it.
-
June 16th, 2005, 10:12 PM
#88
Inactive Member
Buddy was better than Louis Bellson.
Buddy was also better than the kid ont he Partridge Family who held the sticks.
But Buddy couldn't have The Donnas gig. He was too aggressive.
-
June 16th, 2005, 10:39 PM
#89
Inactive Member
How about Buddy back then ! hehe
Two soundboard of his big band are being seeded at Dime :
03-06-77 West Berlin, Germany
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=46610
03-xx-80 London, England Ronnie Scott's (sounds very very good)
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=46576
-
June 17th, 2005, 12:24 AM
#90
Inactive Member
[img]redface.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 17, 2005 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Dazzler ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks